Coronavirus - latest update
The health and wellbeing of all our customers, staff and the events we host is our absolute priority at SCT
Updated 23 July 2021:-
Following the further easing of COVID-19 restrictions and the Vaccination Centre moving from it's home of the last eight months at the Arena we are now are now preparing to re-open our Entertainment venues at the Sheffield Arena & Sheffield City Hall.
Whilst the removal of many legal restrictions enables to do this, we, as a venue operator, have a responsibility to keep both customers & staff safe by mitigating coronavirus risks in our venues.
We are awaiting further guidance from the Government and Sheffield Public Health, whilst also working with event organisers, promoters and the National Arenas Association on entry requirements to our venues and will update our advice as more information is made available.As with all guidance there are exceptions such as those who are medically exempt from vaccination - this is a constantly evolving situation and when we have further clarity we will communicate this to customers.
Things may be a little different when you return so we wanted to let you know what will be in place for your visit - these procedures will almost certainly evolve over time and we will review and update as guidance and law changes. Please check back to this page before your visit in case any of the guidance has changed:-
If you have a symptoms do not attend our venues - Stay at home and follow NHS guidelines
- The Government is encouraging the indoor entertainment sector to have a system in place to check the Covid status of audiences attending our venues. Customers may therefore be asked to show Covid status (negative Lateral flow or PCR test result, proof of double vaccination or proof of natural immunity) through the NHS Covid Pass on the NHS App or via a letter that can be requested by ringing NHS 119.
- From the end of September, the Prime Minister has indicated this COVID status may change to proof of 2 vaccination jabs and not include a negative lateral flow test. We will amend our processes accordingly if and when this happens.
- All legal limits on the numbers of people allowed to meet indoors have now been removed and our venues will be reopening at full capacity and without social distancing in place.
- NHS Test and Trace QR code will remain available for optional use.
- It is still recommended that face coverings are to be used in crowded and enclosed spaces and we encourage customers to continue to wear masks when moving around in our venues. Our staff will continue to wear face coverings and we ask everyone to respect those choosing to do so.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available throughout our venues with enhanced contact cleaning regimes.
- Digital ticketing for the vast majority of customers to reduce social contact.
- We will be encouraging contactless payments where possible throughout the venue.
- Improved venue air-handling in our venues.
- Staff have received Covid Awareness training.
Above all we would like to say a huge thank you to all customers and staff for their support over the very challenging past 18 months and your future support to help keep each other safe and our venues open.
We will continue to update this website, our Facebook, Twitter & Instagram with all relevant information. Click here to join our newsletter to have all the latest information sent directly to you.
Should you have any questions about your tickets or the show you are attending here at the Arena there is further information below with more information in our FAQ’s - this page will be updated as soon as anything changes so please keep checking back.
The Arena is an authorised ticket agent and a member of The Society of Ticket Agents & Retailer STAR should any of our shows cancel or be rescheduled we will refund ticket money and any pre-booked parking. If you booked tickets through another authorised agent they will also refund ticket money, please check with the retailer you booked with for their procedures. This refund policy is now more important then ever and why it is crucial to protect yourself and your ticket money and why we only recommend you only ever book with authorised retailers - if a show is cancelled you will get your money back on tickets booked through these retailers.
If you booked tickets with the Arena and your event is cancelled:- You don't need to do anything all ticket, booking fees & any pre-paid parking money will be automatically refunded to the card on which you purchased your tickets with.
If you booked tickets with the Arena and your event is rescheduled:- If you still wish to attend the new date simply turn up and your tickets will be valid and you don't need to do anything. Should you be unable to attend the rescheduled show you can either email email@example.com stating your booking reference number & your latest contact details and the Arena Box Office can start the refund process on your behalf & contact you if there are any issues. Alternatively you can refund your own booking which will instanlty give you a ticket voucher back to your account redeemable against any future TM booking for shows at the Arena or Sheffield City Hall - click here for further details.
If your question is not answered in the FAQ's above or you have any other question then you can email the Arena Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org who will try to assist. In line with the latest government advice and for the safety of our employees our offices and call lines are closed and we can only accept email correspondence - as such we ask that you only contact us if absolutely necessary and thank you for your patience during this very busy time - we will get back to you.
Please find below a summary of the Arena events that have been either cancelled or rescheduled.
Sheffield Steelers v Manchester Storm 14 March 2020- CANCELLED
Sheffield Steelers v Dundee Stars 21 March 2020 - CANCELLED
Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils 29 March 2020 - CANCELLED
Sheffield Varsity 1 April 2020 - CANCELLED
Young Driver Scheme 28 November 2020 - CANCELLED
Young Driver Scheme 31 January 2021 - CANCELLED
Young Driver Scheme 7 February 2021 - CANCELLED
Young Driver Scheme 28 March 2021 - CANCELLED
Young Driver Scheme 8 April 2021 - CANCELLED
Stormzy Date To Be Announced - previous dates 16 September 2020 & 21 April 2021 - RESCHEDULED - new date TBC
Gerry Cinnamon 30 September 2021 - previous dates 6 June 2021, 2 June & 24 September 2020 - RESCHEDULED - new date 30 September 2021
PDC Premier League Darts 9 April/2 July/15 October 2020/ 15 April 2021 - RESCHEDULED - new date Thursday 12 May 2022
Harry Styles Date to be announced previous dates 17 April 2020 & 17 March 2021 - RESCHEDULED - new date TBC
Strictly Come Dancing The Professionals 29 May 2021 (previously 16 May 2020) - RESCHEDULED - new date Saturday 7 May 2022
WWE LIVE Date To Be Announced 29 April 2021 (previously 7 May/6 October 2020) - RESCHEDULED - new date TBC
Brian Cox 20 October 2021 - RESCHEDULED - new date Friday 16 September 2022
The Wool Monty Yarn Show 12 & 13 June 2021 (previously 13 & 14 June 2020) - RESCHEDULED - new dates Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 June 2022
Gary Barlow 5 June 2021 RESCHEDULED - new date Thursday 2 December 2021
Britain's Strongest Man 2021 24 April 2021 (previously Saturday 16 January 2021) - RESCHEDULED - new date Saturday 23 October 2021
Aerosmith 2 July 2021 - RESCHEDULED - new date Friday 1 July 2022
PAW Patrol Live! 28 July 2021 - RESCHEDULED - new date Friday 12 August 2022